Precision Door Service
Garage Door Openers in Rochester NY
We will repair virtually any garage door opener. We supply and install both Precision® & Liftmaster® brand openers. Both are excellent choices depending upon your needs, you will learn more about the features of these popular openers as you scroll through this page.
Call Precision today whether you are looking for a new garage door opener or you need your current garage door opener repaired. We service all of the Rochester NY area, so call now!
Quickly Learn Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You...
There are 3 Main Types of Openers: (You can listen to each in video)
Chain Driven Openers- Chain drives are typically the most commonly used and most reliable type of opener. This drive runs the garage door on its track by using a metal chain. Chain drives are typically the least expensive type of opener. They also tend to be the noisiest type of opener, so if your garage is located below or adjacent to the main rooms in your home, you might not want this opener. However, if your garage is detached or the noise does not bother you, this is the best choice for you and your family.
Belt Driven Openers- Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener. Not only are belt drives as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. This drive runs on a rubber belt and is typically more expensive than chain drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you'll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door.
Screw Driven Openers- Screw drive openers use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod, rather than a chain or a rubber belt. These openers tend to work best in locations where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. In areas with a wide range of temperature throughout the year, a screw drive opener is not recommended. They also are the slowest moving and noisiest of all three openers, but are the least expensive.
Hear The Difference Between Screw-Drive, Chain-Drive & Belt-Drive Opener
If you are still not sure which garage door opener is right for you... this 3 minute video will help. You will hear the difference between the 3 types.
Precision Door Opener:
PDS800® DC Powered Garage Door Operator
Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet Operation
Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety Always
If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse Door
To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote Control
Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall Station
All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Automatic Courtesy Light
A built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
- Easy Door Release
When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
- Warranty Precision offers a lifetime warranty on the motor and the belt and the labor. If your motor has a problem, we're not going to just fix it. We're going to take it down and give you a brand new one. If you can find a motor with a better warranty- buy it!
Marantec Synergy 370 DC Belt Drive Opener
Safety and Convenience
- Meets and exceeds all UL 325 requirements
- Easy Operating System
- External devices Removable Screw Terminals Block located on the rear of the operator for an easier and quicker installation
- Infrared photo eye protection system.
- Safety reversal (sensing technology) system, door stops from closing upon contacting a person or object.
- Warning System (light flashes) during an obstructed condition
- Manual emergency release in case of power failure
- On-Command Door Activation (OCDA™), programmable “open” intermediate position to vent the garage
- Maximum Run Timer – Protects against damage to door and operator, door stops and reverses
- Close travel position pressure sensitivity adjustment PSATM, protects against damage to door and operation system
- Self-diagnostic numeric code memory up to 16 diagnostic code stored.
Warranty - Limited lifetime warranty on motor and parts
- 2 Remote Controls
- Wall Station
- Wireless Keypad
LiftMaster® Garage Door Openers Available For Installation
8355W ½ HP AC Belt Drive
Get reliable, durable and powerful performance with our P3 Motors™, which are specifically built for use in Garage Door Openers.
- Free MyQ® Moblie App so users know their home is secure.
- Built-In Wi-Fi® for the easiest way to connect the garage.
- Real-Time Alerts indicate the status of the garage door via email or push notifications.
- Monitor and Control the opener from anywhere using mobile devices.
- 1/2 HP AC Motor is purposefully designed and built to last.
- Belt Drive system for quiet, maintenance-free performance.
- PosiLock® electronically protects against forced openings.
- Alert-2-Close signals when a door is being closed by MyQ®.
- The Protector System® invisible light beam auto-reverses the door if there is an obstruction.
Warranty - Lifetime on motor and belt. 1 year warranty on parts.
- Multi function control panel
- 3 button remote control
8550W DC Battery Backup Belt Drive
Includes 3-button elite remote control and smart control panel
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your Garage Door Opener and home lighting from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Download the MyQ® mobile app for free. No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink®
- Requires 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway to connect to MyQ Smartphone App.
- Get in your garage even when the power is out with Battery Backup.
- Always know your garage door is closed with Timer-to-Close, which automatically close the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Have your Garage Door Opener's lights turn on when you enter the garage with the Motion Detector feature.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening..
- Lock down your garage door and electronically monitor against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
- Lifetime motor and belt, five-year parts and one-year Battery Backup warranties.
- Accessories Included: Smart control panel & 2 three button remote controls
This motor has received the Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval and is a recommended opener.
Ultra-quiet DC motor with belt drive system
Enclosed gear case provides continuous lubrication for longer life and smoother operation
One-piece solid steel T-rail with automatic belt tensioner on trolley
Push button limit settings/automatic force sensing
Includes The Smart Garage Door Opener® - lets you electronically program security codes from the Smart Control Panel® or the powerhead
Quick-Connect™ terminals for faster wire installation
200 watts of light with adjustable light time delay; dual non-yellowing hinged light lens for easy bulb replacement
6-foot power cord makes connecting to a power source easier than ever; ideal for vaulted ceilings
8500 Residential Wall Mount Jackshaft Opener
This new technology frees the center of your ceiling from a garage door opener but continues to provide reliable and quiet performance.
It is placed on the near wall just above the garage door.
Wall-mount installation - mounts on the left or right side of door. No rails to hang, it simply mounts on the wall and attaches to the garage door torsion bar. Unit requires an electrical outlet within 6 feet.
Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings; for sectional doors only, up to 14 ft. high or 180 sq. ft., 650 lbs.
Ultra-quiet 24VDC motor performance.
Multi-Function Control Panel allows you to open and close your garage door, and turn opener lights on or off from inside the garage.
Three-button remote control offers you more access and security to open and close up to three garage doors.
A 200-watt light with adjustable light time delay.
Includes a lifetime warranty on the motor and 5 year warranty on parts.
- MyQ technology enables you to securely monitor and control the opener with your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Alerts can be received as email or push notification on your mobile device so that you always know the status of your garage door.
- MyQ mobile app is a free download with no annual activation fee.
- Smart control panel
- 2 - 3 button remote controls
Proper Garage Door Opener Installation
You also need to be sure the garage door opener you purchase is installed properly. Please invest 4 minutes in watching this video and you will learn the difference between a proper garage door opener installation and one riddled with shortcuts. When your new garage door opener is installed correctly you will enjoy it for a long, long time.
Do not hesitate to call us today at any of our locations to learn more about our openers. We will be happy to answer any further questions.